Plan your meals at the 2023 ALFCA Convention in downtown Montgomery. The city has a number of great eating places within easy walking distance of the Embassy Suites and other hotels downtown. Make plans with your staff and coaching friends ahead of time to eat at one of these restaurants.
1) Wentzell's - Famous Alabama seafood restaurant chain located on Commerce Street right behind the Renaissance Hotel which is across the street from the Embassy.
2) Dreamland BBQ - Enough said. Located on West Jefferson Street about a 10 minute walk from the Embassy.
3) SaZa - Located at the Alley across the street from Wintzell's. Good Italian dishes plus pizza makes this a winner.
4) The House - Restaurant at the Renaissance, close and will be less of a wait than at some of the other spots like Dreamland and Wintzell's.
5) Jalepenos in the Alley - If you want Mexican without going far, this is your place. Located in the Alley across from Wintzell's.
6) Jimmy Johns - If you want a deli sandwich really freaking fast, this spot will fix you up in a hurry. Jimmy Johns is also located on Commerce at the Alley.
7) Mellow Mushroom -Pizza chain located at Bibb and Commerce Street just past the Alley bars and restaurants.
8) The Farmers Market - A good 10 minute walk but well worth it. They are open for breakfast and lunch, with a meat and three serving line at lunch. On North McDonough Street.
9) Chris Hot Dogs - A little further downtown at 138 Dexter Avenue. They have served everyone from Harry Truman to Dr. Martin Luther King to Elvis Presley since 1917. Fun to place to go to lunch if you like hot dogs and history.
10) Bibb Street Pizza Company - Pizzas, specialty pizza, by the slice, calzones, strombolis, subs, deli sandwiches, and lunch specials. Located at 424 Bibb Street. Take out and delivery. But the best part is that they are only a four minute walk from the Embassy Suites.
11) Capitol Oyster Bar - If you and the staff want some seafood, there is no better place in Montgomery than the Capitol Oyster Bar. Located at 617 Shady Lane, this joint on the Alabama River has it all- shrimp, oysters, catfish, even frog legs. Open for lunch and dinner, they are only a five minute drive from the Embassy Suites.